A Great Weekend!
I usually do this on Sunday Night, but yesterday I put the laptop aside and just spent some much-needed time with the family. We went over to my brother in laws house, threw some chicken on the grill and just kicked back. LOVED IT!!!
Here are a few thoughts from the weekend…
- Saturday we had a group from Faith Renewed go over and help out with the Mauldin Miracle League. This is an awesome organization that allows special needs children to play baseball. You can check out the pics on our Facebook page. Look at the smiles on the kids faces. (Especially our kids!) It will touch your heart.
- Sunday Rocked!
- I preached Part 4 of Who Am I? A Sermon Series on helping the Believer understand their true identity in Christ. I love teaching on this subject!
- Ephesians 1:7 in The Message Bible says, Because of the sacrifice of the Messiah, his blood poured out on the altar of the Cross, we’re a free people—free of penalties and punishments chalked up by all our misdeeds. And not just barely free, either. Abundantly free!
- Our identity is not based on our skin color, job, car we drive, or how much $ we have in the bank. No matter how ugly our past may be. When we receive HIM we’re FREE!
- When you understand that, you can face any opposition. I spent a lot of my time yesterday talking about the story of Elijah when he faced the 450 prophets of Baal.
- ONE man stood against so many, because he knew who he was.
- You are MORE than you know!
- The BEST part of the weekend is that people grabbed hold of The Word… God was doing HIS thing in the altars, (yes we still have those in our church) and lives were changed forever!
- So PUMPED about what He’s doing right now in the Body of Christ and thankful to be a part of it!!!